Mohr Davidow Ventures approached talkTECH to partner on hosting a Women in Technology Dinner in Los Angeles in conjunction with Katherine Barr, General Partner @ MDV. The goal was to introduce Katherine to a curated group of female influencers and entrepreneurs from the LA tech community.
Katherine’s specific areas of investment focus include Retail and Commerce Innovation, Life Tech, and Labor Innovation. Therefore, talkTECH’s goal was to introduce her to ideal individuals and create an intimate evening of delicious food and drinks and, of course, great conversation!
• Secured the venue location, a beautiful private dining room at The Bar Marmont, inside the Chateau Marmont hotel.
• Managed event logistics: sent personal invites to our network, arranged room set up, chose food and beverage menu for the evening, set up introductions between Katherine and invitees.
• talkTECH along with MDV curated a high profile invite list of female influencers and entrepreneurs from the LA tech community.
• A successful, intimate dinner was created where invitees were able to share insight and learn from one another.
• 2 talkTECH partners were onsite to host and manage the event.
• 15 female influencers and entrepreneurs from the LA tech community attended, including: Kara Nortman (CEO of Moonfrye), Moj Mahdara (CEO of Made With Elastic), Mika Onishi (COO of Who What Wear), Janina Gavankar (Social Media Personality), Rachel Youens (Mobile Director at Forever 21), Allison Streuter (Director of Tech Partnerships at Atom Factory), Sarah Pollack Boyd (CEO of Simply Stylist).
• The MDV team received insight on the LA tech community, female entrepreneurship in SoCal, tech industry trends, and build her network.
• Invitees were able to meet a curated group of of like-minded females in their industry, create valuable relationships, and receive insight into the funding world from a highly influential VC.
• Post-event feedback: “It was a tremendous group, a very open discussion, and a night people found valuable. Hats off to your team for curating an amazing group, and picking a venue of commensurate caliber.” – Katherine Barr, General Partner, MDV