PunchTab approached talkTECH to see if there was an opportunity to gain traction and awareness with potential big brands and media and receive their insight on customer loyalty programs, without a traditional PR campaign. The goal – to connect with this targeted audience and show them how to build customer loyalty in an age of excess: who to incent, how to reach them, and figuring out what matters.
talkTECH took the “out of the box” approach and created a “Think Tank” Influencer Event at a topnotch venue in NYC, where industry influencers can come together for networking and a curated discussion around the future of loyalty programs. The event was hosted in New York to leverage the large number of Fortune 500 brands and media in that region.
• talkTECH leveraged its personal relationships to curate a targeted list of NYC-based influencers.
• talkTECH managed all aspects/logistics of the event: secured venue location (Soho Grand Hotel’s Grand Bar and Penthouse), managed logistic details and contract, sent personal invites, compiled RSVP list, hired a photographer, and created an agenda for event.
• 2 talkTECH partners were onsite to host the event.
• Sent personal follow ups to the media who attended.
The outcome? A great success!
• 20 influencers came together for spirits, delicious nosh, networking and a curated discussion on the future of customer loyalty led by PunchTab’s Angela Sanfilippo.
• Attendees included executives from brands and media such as: Google, CNN Money, Gilt Groupe, Yahoo!, Mashable, Panera, Rosewood Hotels, and many more.
• PunchTab received valuable insight from attendees on what digital marketers are missing from omnichannel loyalty programs.
• PunchTab was able to give attendees a 360-degree look at consumer behavior and the technology that ties digital, mobile, social and purchase activities together.
• PunchTab was able to network with attendees to build relationships that will matter to the future of PunchTab’s success beyond the activation.
• talkTECH assisted PunchTab with consolidating the findings from the event to create a thought leadership piece for inclusion in Fast Company.
• The event led to major partnerships with brands and ultimately a $2M contract with one of the companies in attendance.
“We had an initial discussion with an ideal client but were not gaining traction in terms of bringing them on to our platform. Before our influencer dinner, we were unaware that there were more parties involved beyond our original contact. We then met their head of customer loyalty at the dinner and realized she was a decision maker. Following our conversation at the Soho Grand, the PunchTab team presented to the larger team at the company’s headquarters and were able to close a high level contract!” – Angela Sanfilippo, Brand Engagement @ PunchTab